Where I have been the years ago
Professor (since 4/2011)
Umeå university, Department of Applied Educational Science, Interactive Media and Learning
Professor in in ICT, Media and Learning
- Hochschuldidaktisches Zentrum (HDZ), TU Dortmund
- I spent 3 years (4/2008 - 3/2011) at the Center for Research on Higher Education and Faculty Development at TU Dortmund university (Assistant Professor) where she studied within the field of Institutional research, creativity in the Web 2.0 world, and studied teaching and learning in higher education, and its socio-technical-educational design aspects.http://www.hdz.tu-dortmund.de/?id=isa-jahnke
Post-doc & PhD
- In 2005-2008, I did conduct several research projects (post-doc position started in 2006) at the Department of Information and Technology Management, Bochum university http://www.imtm-iaw.rub.de/personenund/personen/ij/index.html .
- Defense of the PhD study was in Dec 2005, the PhD thesis has been published in May 2006 (in German): "Dynamik sozialer Rollen beim Wissensmanagement. Soziotechnische Anforderungen an Communities und Organisationen". I studied an online community among students, teachers and study advisors (etc.) within an university and the emerging socially created role structures and their dynamics over time.
- From 2001 to 2004, I worked at the Faculty of Informatics (Computer Science & Society) at Dortmund university (PhD position).
- 1998 to 2001: I worked at consulting companies, for instance, PROGNOS (Cologne) and Krups Consultants (Düsseldorf).
- My Diploma thesis was finalized in 1997 (Master/Diploma Degree in Social Science; University of Wuppertal)
ContactDr. Isa Jahnke
University of Missouri
School of Information Science and Learning Technologies (SISLT, iSchool)
Director of Research for the IELab