Digital Didactical Designs as evaluation tool for schools
Our research of tablets in schools (Denmark, Sweden, Finland) is now available with open access: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2017.05.006
- Digital Didactical Design is useful for analyzing tablet classroom practices
- Classroom observations reveal meaningful, semi-integrated and shallow learning.
- A third of the classrooms achieve active-meaningful learning with iPads.
- DDD developed a new framework that may guide education in the digital age.
- Schools can use the DDD coding scheme to evaluate teaching/learning in tablet classrooms.
Jahnke, I., Bergström, P., Mårell-Olsson, E., Häll, L., & Kumar, S. (accepted, 22 May 2017). Digital Didactical Designs as Research Framework - iPad Integration in Nordic Schools. In: Computers & Education (2017), DOI https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2017.05.006