Teaching and learning material - short video, 8 mins. created in April 2018.
To my students in the ISLT9440 online course, hands-on
How to design for meaningful learning with technologies and
what educators can do to ensure a deep mearningful student learning path
First, watch the short video, 8 mins. .
- https://spark.adobe.com/video/Ptfh7yN3CKXhb (Note: the video opens in Chrome and Safari browser. It has some difficulties in Firefox.)
Then, use the checklists to self-assess your teaching practice and your learning designs-in-use:
- Checklist 1: Checklist1 – Designing for Meaningful Learning.pdf (107,2 kB)
- Checklist 2: Checklist2-Self-assessment-DDD.pdf (161,8 kB)
Isa Jahnke, Peter Bergström, Eva Mårell-Olsson, Lars Häll, & Swapna Kumar (2017).Digital Didactical Designs as Research Framework – iPad Integration in Nordic Schools. In: Computers & Education (2017). Volume 113, October 2017, pp. 1-15. https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2017.05.006
Isa Jahnke ( 2016). Digital Didactical Designs. Teaching and Learning in CrossActionSpaces. New York: Routledge
Are you interested in studying Educational Technology at the University of Missouri
and working with us at Mizzou?
The University of Missouri is listed as one of the "Best Buys" colleges in 2017!
We offer two Online Master programs and a Ph.D. program:
- Our award winning Educational Technology program has three focus areas (Ed.Specialist, Online Educator, and Learning System Design and Development).
We are under the 25 Best Online Master in Educational Technology Degree Programs
- Library and Information Science (ALA accredited!)
- In addition, we offer a Ph.D. program: "Information Science and Learning Technologies"
Further information: https://sislt.missouri.edu
My teaching at the University of Missouri-Columbia , U.S.A.
- We just got approval (Fall 2017) of our a new certificate on Usability and UX design studies and offer interships in our IE lab!
- Online Course, 9456 "Design for Computer Support for Collaborative Learning", Fall 2017, 8 students
- Online Course, 9440 "Learning with Web-based Technologies", Fall 2017, 39 students
- Online Course, 9440 "Learning with the Internet" Spring 2017, 23 students.
- Online Course, 9440 "Learning with the Internet" Fall 2016, 26 students
- Blended learning course, doctoral seminar, 9410, Research and Design in Information Science and Learning Technologies, Fall 2016, 7 students
- Online Course, 9440 "Learning with the Internet" Spring 2016, 23 students.
My teaching between 2011-2015 at Umea University, Sweden
- Theories in Educational Research, Spring 2015
- ICT in Education, Spring 2014
- involved in the course "Introduction into Applied Educational Sciences", Fall 2014
- involved in the course "Applied IT in Schools", Spring 2012
My teaching between 2001-2011 in Germany (TU Dortmund university, Ruhr-University Bochum)
In my previous teaching years, I conducted app. 30 classes (from 2001 to 2011) including seminars, lectures and tutorials for Bachelor and Master students (B.A./M.A.) in different disciplines
- computer science
- teacher educaiton (sociology and educational sciences).
I have a wide range of teaching practices and I'm supervisor for PhD students.
My workshops for academic staff & university teachers
-- Didactical Workshops for university members, starting in 2008 --
Since in 2008, I to give workshops and offer continuing education for academic staff, university teachers and professors of different disciplines (e.g., in Math education, Social Sciences, Architecture, Physics, Languages) started at TU Dortmund university.
Such 2-days workshops embraced in particular topics like
- "Web 2.0, Social Media, eLearning and Co. in teaching and learning at universities" and
- "how to teach creativity in different disciplines" (together with Tobias Haertel, TU Dortmund).
- 15 interdisciplinary workshops across all disciplines
I also held those workshops at the universities of Trier, Münster and Cologne. In 2011, I organized workshops at TU Berlin university, University of Jena and Thueringen ("HIT" initiative).
I enable learning where Interdiscinplinary and subject-oriented didactical approaches can learn from each other (Jahnke & Wildt, 2011, edited book in German).