Learning Technologies Lab
The "Learning Technologies Lab" (head: Dr. Isa Jahnke, Professor) at the Department of Engineering, University of Technology Nuremberg (www.utn.de/en) focuses on investigating and advancing the field of learning technologies – and learning experience design – through research and development. Its primary goal is to explore the intersection of education and technology, aiming to enhance and optimize the learning process across various domains.
The lab engages in a wide range of activities, including:
- Research and Development: The lab conducts research on emerging technologies, such as learning experience design, usability, and user experience methods. It explores how these technologies can be effectively applied to enhance teaching and learning experiences.
- Experimentation and Prototyping: The lab designs and develops experimental prototypes to test the feasibility and effectiveness of new learning technologies. These prototypes often involve interactive learning environments or mobile applications.
- Pedagogical Innovation: The lab collaborates with the DIGITAL LEAD Lab at UTN StaRs, with educators and instructional designers to explore innovative pedagogical approaches. It investigates how learning technologies can be integrated into curricula and instructional practices to improve engagement, personalization, and learner outcomes.
- Evaluation and Assessment: The lab conducts evaluations and assessments of learning technologies to determine their impact and efficacy. It employs research methodologies, data analysis, and user feedback to measure the effectiveness of different tools and approaches in supporting learning objectives.
- Collaboration and Partnerships: The lab fosters collaboration with academia, industry, and educational institutions. It works closely with researchers, educators, and technology developers to exchange knowledge, share resources, and drive innovation in the learning technologies field.
- Knowledge Dissemination: The lab disseminates its research findings through publications, conferences, workshops, and online platforms. It actively contributes to the academic community and shares insights, best practices, and lessons learned to benefit the broader field of learning technologies.
Overall, the Learning Technologies Research Lab serves as a hub for interdisciplinary exploration, experimentation, and advancement of technologies that have the potential to revolutionize how we teach and learn. Its work contributes to the ongoing evolution of educational practices, ensuring that technology is harnessed to its fullest potential in facilitating effective, efficient, and engaging/appealing learning experiences.
- Department of Engineering at UTN - all labs
- My research https://www.isa-jahnke.com/research/
- My projects https://www.isa-jahnke.com/research-projects/