Tablet-Mediated Collaborative Learning (Workshop at CSCL2015)
Tessy Cerratto-Pargman (on the photo) and I invite you:
Changing Teaching and Learning Practices with Tablet-Mediated Collaborative Learning (#TMCL15): Nordic, European and International Views
- Further Information (submission dates, ...) on our workshop website https://sites.google.com/site/tmclpractices
- Workshop will be held on Sunday 7th or Monday 8th of June 2015 in Gothenburg/Sweden (at CSCL2015)
We propose an interdisciplinary workshop to share and discuss ongoing research and existing results with regard to studies revolving around tablet-mediated collaborative teaching and learning in schools.
The guiding question is: Is the expanding use of media tablets on the way to change teaching and learning practices in educational institutions such as schools and universities? If yes, which are these emergent practices, how are they developing, what are their characteristics, and in what ways do they contribute to renew computer-supported collaborative learning?
Current studies on the use of media tablets in education raise an important set of issues and potentials for research in CSCL. They point at the examination of teachers' and learners' socio-technical practices that are enacted in the classroom on a daily basis.
This half day workshop aims at discussing issues pertaining to theorizing and designing for CSCL practices.
We aim at an outcome in form of a knowledge building process that will result in
- a summary of existing research outcomes so far, that will in turn inform
- currently and new research questions and methodologies applied in the research area and will create conditions to leverage, and help to
- a set of strategies for networking on the topic of changing teaching/learning practices in tablet-mediated collaborative learning.
- In particular, we aim at leveraging a joint research proposal, initiating a wider research consortium, publishing selected studies in an edited book (e.g., Springer CSCL series).
This workshop proposal has been accepted to CSCL2015 (https://isls.org/cscl2015). Workshop participants have to register for the CSCL conference (only for the workshap day or entire conference).
Keywords: media tablets, empirical studies, design, schools, socio-technical-pedagogical practices
- Isa Jahnke, Umeå University, Sweden
- Tessy Cerratto-Pargman, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Anniken Furberg, University of Oslo, Norway
- Sanna Järvelä, Oulu University, Finland
- Barbara Wasson, University of Bergen, Norway